ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data

by othmar on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:32 am

I bought an adafruit ultimate gps in south africa for my project. when i got to Zimbabwe to test it,it does not give me any readings nor does the LED blink when using the procedure outlined in the datasheet. I am connecting it via an arduino uno microcontroller. I am beginning to think i got a raw deal. When i measure the voltage i get a 5V reading at the Vin. Can someone urgently help me. i don kno wat to do nw.
othmar

Re: ultimate gps LED does not blick or send data

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Have you gone through the tutorial for instructions about connecting the GPS unit to your computer and communicating with it?

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

by othmar on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:13 pm

yeah i went thru the tutorials and was going thru the part where u connect directly to the arduino. the serial monitor gives a positive output "Adafruit GPS library basic test!" read but when tryin to get serial from the gps the best i can get is a "y".the gps does not even light wen connectd to Vin. i went thru the tutorial countless times and i don thnk i got it wrong
othmar

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Post a photo of your setup and we'll take a look at the connections. If you aren't even getting a power LED, there's a problem somwhere along the way.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

by othmar on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am

finally got it to work.. the connectors that came with the gps were not tight enough so i got new ones and they worked well.i think it shld be wise tht u test them for quality before sellin.. :D
othmar