BeagleBone Black Rev C + VGA/ micro HDMI

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Alishax

BeagleBone Black Rev C + VGA/ micro HDMI

Post by Alishax »

Hello, I connected my BeagleBone Black Rev C to a VGA PicoP Laser projector SHOWWX and I am receiving the following message on my screen: video not supported at 60Hz.
I tried both a powered and unpowered VGA/Micro HDMI adaptor-convertor. It does not work. Please help! What should I do? Someone told me to take the adapter apart and find where the 5 volt power was coming in, trace the pin out to the adapter circuit board, cut that wire and soldered a wire onto it. Then, run that wire to the Beaglebone circuit board where the barrel connector connects power in. What do you think? I don't want to dommage my BBB. Thanks a lot

adafruit_support_mike

Re: BeagleBone Black Rev C + VGA/ micro HDMI

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You don't need to do surgery on your BBB.

All you need to do is feed it a different set of HDMI parameters so the BBB and projector are using a format they both understand.

All HDMI devices are required to support 640x480 resolution at 60Hz, so start with that and make sure you can get a basic connection working. This page has information about how to do that:

http://blog.machinekit.io/2013/06/force ... ution.html

Alishax

Post by Alishax »

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! i will give it a try!

Alishax

Post by Alishax »

New Problem: the PicoP VGA projector actually show the startup screen once and also the desktop for ten seconds and then, turn all black. Could it be the VGA/ micro HDMI adaptor? Should i give it 5V? I really need some help!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You may need to give the projector an external power supply.

We don't sell or use the PicoP projector though, so I really don't know anything about it. You'll probably need to contact the vendor who sold it to you for support.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”