Singer 20U73

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
peter

Singer 20U73

Post by peter »

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't too far off topic, but it relates to this blog post http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2007/11/08 ... g-machine/.

I wanted to thank you for making that post I've been trying to get one of these machines up and running, and there appears to be little information on the tubes about it. That post has helped me slow the machine down to the point where I could use it.

The problem I'm having now is that the stop motion screw seems to be slipping (used for bobbin winding). This caused the drive connecting to the needle to stop. When I tighten up the screw again it works briefly but slowly loosens again.

As an aside, I bought the SIM kit awhile ago and had fun putting it together. So I was pleasantly surprise when after hours of searching for 20U stuff, I came across the above post.

adafruit

Re: Singer 20U73

Post by adafruit »

hmm, perhaps the belt is too tight (or too loose)? i like about 1/2" of wiggle

peter

Post by peter »

Thanks for that super speedy reply!!

It very well could be a belt problem, I recently tightened trying to fix a different problem, perhaps I over did it.

Another question, I'm adjusting the clutch-flywheel space bolt. I notice that when it's it far in the motor doesn't seem to spin up. Is this because the brake somehow gets engaged? I don't want to over-tighten it and wear something out.

I surprised that there's not more info on this machine or even industrials in general online, they seem to be fairly popular).

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

if the motor doesnt spin then yes you did something wrong
do you understand how a clutch works?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”