What's up with UPS?

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mrkag

What's up with UPS?

Post by mrkag »

Yesterday, I placed an order with 3 day shipping, but the package was delivered today. It used to be UPS would hold my packages until the delivery date (just for spite, I'm sure).

Thanks to adafruit for the quick shipment! :D

adafruit

Re: What's up with UPS?

Post by adafruit »

we've noticed they dont do this anymore - sometimes 3 day packages arrive in 2 days! wouldnt depend on it though :(

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

mrkag wrote:Yesterday, I placed an order with 3 day shipping, but the package was delivered today. It used to be UPS would hold my packages until the delivery date (just for spite, I'm sure).

Thanks to adafruit for the quick shipment! :D
I have NEVER had UPS do this (hold a package that is "early") - early packages happen a lot when I order photo equipment and such from NYC - where I live is basically guaranteed overnight delivery from NYC and central NJ (even with USPS!).

FedEx, however, does it all the time, which is one of two reasons I go out of my way to avoid vendors that use FedEx. (The other being that FedEx's pickup facility is an hour away, while UPS's is 20 minutes. I've had some close calls with signature-required packages and FedEx.)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we really prefer UPS to fedex. way fewer problems these days with lost packages, misdelivered ones, etc. they are pros!

chankster

Post by chankster »

UPS is good unless for some reason I have to call their customer support. At that point it always goes down hill and fast.

george_graves

Post by george_graves »

I had to deal with DHL recently - their customer service is second to none. Too bad they seem to be going away.

pstemari

Post by pstemari »

Good riddance. My brother-in-law drove for them via subcontractors, and got stiffed for paychecks twice when the subcontractor de jour disappeared and was replaced by the next one.

FedEx is weird. FedEx ground--the former RPS--was terrible at home deliveries, but it's been getting better. FedEx air rocks--I've picked up packages that required signatures as late as 10:30 PM that night. The UPS counters generally close at 4:30 pm, plus an hour-long lunch.

Mohock

Post by Mohock »

LOL UPS i keep getting deliveries to my home that are supposed to goto the Pizza hut down the street. The address on the package is mine but it says Pizza Hut on it i think the delivery guy would see a house and ask but he just puts it on the door step and leave :roll: . doesnt even knock or ring door bell. i can see front door from computer station so i know he doesnt attempt to talk to me. :lol:

lucy123

Post by lucy123 »

UPS is becoming more efficient. I had a package from China deliver to me (I am in USA) in 4 days. used to be over one week.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”