ADS1115 USE WITH NON ARDUINO CONTROLLER

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
violet

ADS1115 USE WITH NON ARDUINO CONTROLLER

Post by violet »

I purchased the ADS1115 a to d converter. I thought that the ad said that it could be used with any microcontroller. Now that I have it, and it's wired up, I am seeing that all info is for Arduino controllers. Did I purchase something that can only be used with Arduino? Also I am not that good at programming, so go easy on me. Thank you

adafruit_support_rick

Re: ADS1115 USE WITH NON ARDUINO CONTROLLER

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The ADS1115 can certainly be used with any microcontroller. However, we only have software for Arduino and Raspberry Pi. For use with other microcontrollers, you would have to find or write your own driver.

What kind of microcontroller are you using? It may not be all that difficult to port our Arduino code to work with it.

violet

Re: ADS1115 USE WITH NON ARDUINO CONTROLLER

Post by violet »

I am using an EZ-b controller. It can be programmed in to ways, one for Programmers c c++ etc., and another way for Non programmers like me. The Non programmer uses scripting, it's similar to the sketches that I see Arduino uses. It also does I2C support. I am trying to get more resolution from various potentiometers, right now I have 8 bit resolution. Thank you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”