Adafruit Bicolor LED Square Pixel Matrix with I2C Backpack

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
juels

Adafruit Bicolor LED Square Pixel Matrix with I2C Backpack

Post by juels »

Im having trouble with the example code for the the bicolor LED square. below is my error message.

In file included from bicolor8x8.pde:23:
C:\Users\jftam01\Desktop\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.h:32:26: error: Adafruit_GFX.h: No such file or directory
In file included from bicolor8x8.pde:23:
C:\Users\jftam01\Desktop\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.h:72: error: expected class-name before '{' token
C:\Users\jftam01\Desktop\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack/Adafruit_LEDBackpack.h:81: error: expected class-name before '{' token
bicolor8x8.pde: In function 'void loop()':
bicolor8x8:67: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawBitmap'
bicolor8x8:72: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawBitmap'
bicolor8x8:77: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawBitmap'
bicolor8x8:87: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawLine'
bicolor8x8:92: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawRect'
bicolor8x8:93: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'fillRect'
bicolor8x8:98: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'drawCircle'
bicolor8x8:102: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setTextWrap'
bicolor8x8:103: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setTextSize'
bicolor8x8:104: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setTextColor'
bicolor8x8:107: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setCursor'
bicolor8x8:108: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'print'
bicolor8x8:112: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setRotation'
bicolor8x8:113: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setTextColor'
bicolor8x8:116: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setCursor'
bicolor8x8:117: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'print'
bicolor8x8:121: error: 'class Adafruit_BicolorMatrix' has no member named 'setRotation'

pburgess

Re: Adafruit Bicolor LED Square Pixel Matrix with I2C Backpa

Post by pburgess »

Looks like you need to install the GFX library:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library
(Or it's downloaded, but incorrectly named or not placed in the right location. But since you have the LEDBackpack library properly installed, I'm guessing that's not it.)

Every Arduino display we carry relies on two libraries. The first is a hardware-specific library that contains functions unique to each device, while the second (Adafruit_GFX) contains higher-level graphics primitives (lines, circles, etc.) that can be shared in common across all devices.

juels

Post by juels »

The mistake was mine. I didnt understand what they meant by sketchlibrary. after reading you reply I check the tutoary how to add a library on arduino. the next challenge is nothing is happening after I upload the sample code. I have a picture of my circuit. please help.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

It's difficult to see, but it appears in the picture that you have FLORA GND connected to SDA and and FLORA SDA connected to GND. Is that true?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”