Motor Sheild with Ethernet Sheild on Arduino Uno

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
impartit

Motor Sheild with Ethernet Sheild on Arduino Uno

Post by impartit »

Tearing my hair out with the Adafruit ver 1.0 Motor Sheild stacked on top of an Ethernet sheild on an Arduino Uno.

I have to disconnect (snip) pin 12 from the Ethernet Sheild to the Motor Sheild when it is stacked on top of the Ethernet Sheild otherwise it nobbles the ethernet and it cannot run any of the Ethernet Example programs. So to get the Motor Shield latch signal for M1 I have substitued pin 2 on the Motor/Ethernet Shield with a wire soldered to pin 12 of the 74HC595 (pin NOT plugged into IC socket) this works just fine with the motor sheild stacked directly on top of the Arduino Uno. However M1 only runs when a "gentle finger touch is applied to the disconnected pin 12" when Motor Sheild is stacked on Ethernet Sheild. Tests run used the Examples Motor test. A capacitive issue methinks - but how to cure it?? I have tried an electolytic and ceramic capacitor between pin 12 and ground/VCC but still no banana. I have also changed the 74HC595.

With or without the Motor Sheild I cannot get the micro SD card to be recognized. Tried everything (set pin 10 as output and set it to high but no banana) but have now given up. 4GB Card is FAT formattted but reporst that wiring is fine but Cardinfo sketch says it isn't. Shame because my next project step requires web control of Motor Shield and I bought a second Ethenet Card to achieve this. (neither work)..

Any helpful resolutions would be much appreciated.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Motor Sheild with Ethernet Sheild on Arduino Uno

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

However M1 only runs when a "gentle finger touch is applied to the disconnected pin 12" when Motor Sheild is stacked on Ethernet Sheild.
That sounds like an intermittent connection. If you post photos showing your soldering & connections, we can check or anything suspicious.

Make sure that your SD card is formatted using the SD card association formatter.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”