RaspberryPi 2 model B no boot

Post test messages here

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gregg_scholfield

RaspberryPi 2 model B no boot

Post by gregg_scholfield »

The RaspberryPi 2 I purchased from you on 2015-03-04 order number 727103-9442390639 does not boot.

I have read these forums and have tried the things mentioned here but still no boot, just the color screen display is shown. I assume that screen is coming from the HDMI driver board and not the RaspberryPi. The HDMI board and LCD display came from Adafruit too. The LCD display works fine with my other Pi's, A, A+, B, B+. No other Pi has given me any problems, just the Pi 2.

My experience with RaspberryPi computers dates back to December 2013, so I know how to handle SD and micro SD cards and Pi's. A RaspberryPi has been monitoring the solar electric systems since 2014-06-01 with a bash script that I wrote. It uses A/D converters from your store too. My point is: I know my way around a RaspberryPi and Linux so you can talk technical with me.

What would be my next step to remedy the problem?

Thank you for your consideration.

Gregg

adafruit_support_mike

Re: RaspberryPi 2 model B no boot

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Are you using the latest version of Rasbian?

The v2 has a new microprocessor and only versions of the OS released since the beginning of 2015 will work with it.

gregg_scholfield

Re: RaspberryPi 2 model B no boot

Post by gregg_scholfield »

Thank you Mike. I will give that a try. I'll download the latest from RaspberryPi.org.

Gregg

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Test Message Forum (closed)”