The Game Grrl gave me a steampunk idea

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wynneth

The Game Grrl gave me a steampunk idea

Post by wynneth »

My nintendo is already broke and I'm not as knowledgeable about electronics or I'd do it already, that and I'm lazy. What if we take a regular nintendo, cannibalize the controllers and make them switch based? I'm talking big honking light switches. Basically all the buttons are already contact switches, I say we tear them apart and make a board of real switches. A switch for left, a switch for right, a switch for up, down, A, B, start, select - you get it. I think too, each switch should be a different color, and the directional switch board able to separate from the rest, so you can have a friend make mario run while you make him throw fireballs LOL.

I think it's a great idea and would look very funny being played. For extra fun, we could mod the switches to be SUPER LARGE, like throwing an old fashioned breaker.

The_Don125

Re: The Game Grrl gave me a steampunk idea

Post by The_Don125 »

I think a knife switch would probably look the most steampunk.

phil.drummond

Re: The Game Grrl gave me a steampunk idea

Post by phil.drummond »

You could go a bit farther and build a "platform" of 2x4's and plywood that when completed would have big levers with bicycle hand-break "lockouts" and valve knobs and dials all over it. You and your friends could stand on it and work the leavers and handles in a furious attempt to "manage" the tiny Gameboy screen. You would probably enjoy building the thing much more than actually using it, but the video of you guys playing it would be really funny :)
A Steampunked Gameboy sounds like an interesting idea, perhaps an Arduino programmed to act as a go-between for the over-complicated controls, like a game macro thing allowing you to really over-do the Steampunk stuff :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”