Restocking time estimates

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
co_buckfast

Restocking time estimates

Post by co_buckfast »

I'm disappointed with adafruit's estimate of when replacement stock will be arriving.

2 days ago, I put a restocking e-mail notification for 2 items that were expected to be in stock in 10-15 days. I was also interested in a 3rd item that was on backorder (don't recall its projected lead time). Yesterday, I received an unexpected e-mail that 1 of those 10-15 day items was back in stock, so instead of waiting 2 weeks for the other item, I placed an order, feeling that even though I'd like that other item (and the 3rd item, too), I would just have to wait until some future order to get it. Today, 1 day later, I get another e-mail saying the other 10-15 day backorder item is in stock; I go and look and even the 3rd item is now in stock, too! Of course, now my order has already shipped. I would have waited 1 more day to add the other items accepting the incremental shipping cost for them, but the upfront shipping and handling costs are prohibitive enough that I don't want to create another order just for these other 2 items.

Why can't the estimate arrival date of replacement stock be more accurate???

Incidentally, the 3 items are:
ID-591: Perma-Proto Super Pack
ID-292: i2c/SPI character LCD backpack
ID-198: Standard LCD 20x4 + extras

adafruit

Re: Restocking time estimates

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the note, there were/are a lot of delays with some parts lately, with around 1200+ products we're usually pretty close, we're working to resolve that and the out of stock estimates will be more accurate soon.

thanks,
adafruit support

chankster

Post by chankster »

It seems to be pretty par for the course. I've been sitting on an order for at least a month now trying to wait for everything to be in stock. Item that was supposed to be 5-10 days was more like 20+. I was happy to find it was finally stocked today but then disappointed because two other items are now out of stock.

jockm

Post by jockm »

adafruit wrote:we're working to resolve that and the out of stock estimates will be more accurate soon
If you can't hit your estimates (and so many of the things I am interested in are well past the 10 day mark) wouldn't it be better to not estimate? It is far better to under promise and over deliver, than what you are doing right now (the exact opposite).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”