BeagleBone Black shows up as in stock in a search

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jockm

BeagleBone Black shows up as in stock in a search

Post by jockm »

I found a bug on your site:
If I do a search for "BeagleBone" the BeagleBone shows up (incorrectly as "In Stock", but if I then click on the listing it is correctly shown as out of stock.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: BeagleBone Black shows up as in stock in a search

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thank you for letting us know. I'll pass that along to the web team.

mike808

Post by mike808 »

i too am waiting to purchase this. would it be possible to place and order and just ship them out as they come in rather than having customers check back and be notified and then have a mad dash for the product? i assume there are other products that are out of stock that people want buy as well. perhaps a waiting list type of some sort?

zblaxell

Post by zblaxell »

I too would like some sort of backorder feature, or a more graceful way to handle out of stock items. I realize backorder support is a non-trivial business commitment, but there is room for improvement in the website UI even without adding new flavors of credit card transaction.

I get only a few minutes per day for my Adafruit habit, so when I'm collecting many parts for a larger order, a few items continually go in and out of stock. The extra time required to get the cart into ready-to-ship shape without losing track of the out-of-stock things can burn all the time I have for shopping that day, which makes that day less fun.

I'd like to be able to click on an out-of-stock product and signal my intent to purchase it as soon as it becomes available. Back in stock email notifications solve part of that requirement, but I'd also like the quantity of each item to be remembered, and if a bunch of items I'm waiting for show up at once, I'd like to be able to log in and send them all to my shopping cart in one fell swoop. Currently I can sort of do that by throwing things into the wishlist, but it's a click and page reload for each item if I don't also want to buy all the random shiny stuff that tends to accumulate in my wishlist (I swear I don't know who puts it there--Drunk Me, maybe ;) Maybe the answer here is multiple wishlists per user, like some other sites do.

On the shopping cart side, if there are out of stock items, I'd like to hit a single button that just checks out with everything in the cart that is in stock, then once that order is submitted, all the out of stock items automatically go back in the cart for the next ordering cycle. Obviously that new button only needs to appear if there's at least one out-of-stock item and one in-stock item in the cart, since it wouldn't behave differently from the existing Checkout button otherwise. Frankly, I don't see a reason why the Checkout button shouldn't do that every time, as long as it's clear on the confirmation page that the out-of-stock items won't be included in that particular order.

Or instead of that, put a "move to wishlist" button on items in the shopping cart. Currently to do that I have to go to the shopping cart, go to the product page, add the item to my wishlist, update the quantity, go back to the shopping cart again, and delete the item from the cart. Five clicks (with full page loads) instead of one or two.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

thank you for all the feedback, we appreciate it!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”