Schematic for CC3000 Breakout Board?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
arbitraryname

Schematic for CC3000 Breakout Board?

Post by arbitraryname »

My Adafruit CC3000 breakout board recently arrived, and it works like a charm with my Arduino! However, in order to progress further on my current DIY project, I need access to the board schematic. Has the schematic for the CC3000 been posted yet? The board is a little too tiny for me to figure out the schematic by inspection...

Thanks for making embedded wifi easy!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Schematic for CC3000 Breakout Board?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I don't think the design files have been cleaned up for publication yet. We'll probably post an announcement in the blog when they're ready to go.

arbitraryname

Post by arbitraryname »

Any idea about the timeframe for something like this? On the order of weeks, or on the order of months?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

In terms of weeks or months, I have no idea. In terms of product lifecycle, it will happen after the thing stops being a moving target. We're still communicating with TI about the firmware and collecting information about how the hardware performs in the wild. If we need to change something to make the device even better than it is now, we will.

Releasing interim design documents causes no end of pain.

paulstoffregen

Post by paulstoffregen »

Did a schematic for the CC3000 breakout ever get published?

I have the breakout board here and I'm about to wire it up to a Teensy 3.0 and publish a tutorial, or at least some info and photos for someone to turn into a tutorial.

I have a pretty good idea how the regulator and 74HC4050 are probably connected. But without a schematic, I'm flying blind here. I'm about to start poking at the board with an ohmmeter to verify how the 5V to 3V stuff is really wired, which matters a lot for use with a 3V only Teensy3. If you've got a schematic handy, you could save me a little reverse engineering trouble. A not "cleaned up" copy would be ok. If you email it directly to me at paul at pjrc dot com, I promise not to redistribute it. I'm only working to find and publish the best/recommended way to connect this product to a Teensy3.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'll see if I can track them down...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hi paul, sorry is this schem not good enough?
http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cc30 ... /downloads

paulstoffregen

Post by paulstoffregen »

Ok, I've got pin 1 (Vcc) of the 4050 to 3.3V, inputs 7, 9, 11 and 14 to VBEN, CLK, MOSI and CS... obviously converting 5V Arduino output to 3.3V CC3000 inputs, and it seems the corresponding 4 output go to the CC3000 (I can see 3 of 4 on the top side of the PCB).

Input pins 3 and 5 on the 4050 seem to be floating. If they're connected to anything, I haven't been able to figure out what.

I'm guessing MISO and IRQ are wired directly to the CC3000?

I'll push forward without the schematic. It's on my desk now, just waiting for wires to be soldered. But it would be really nice if Adafruit published schematics for these types of breakout boards where there's other stuff on the PCB, even if it's just fairly straightforward voltage regulators and buffers.

paulstoffregen

Post by paulstoffregen »

Yup, that's great. Looks like I was writing up the results of poking at the board when you replied!

No big surprises there, but confirming with the actual schematic is really nice. :)

paulstoffregen

Post by paulstoffregen »

Opps, looks like I simply missed the schematic on my first look through the tutorial.

Thanks for the help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”