Lightning adapter cable incompatibility with iOS7

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jwalter

Lightning adapter cable incompatibility with iOS7

Post by jwalter »

I recently ordered a 3 way USB cable with lightning, miniUSB and iPad adaptors from Adafruit. It does not appear to work with my iPhone 5s. When plugged in, my phone displays "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone." A quick search revealed that the latest iOS 7 update prevents the use of cables that aren't Apple-certified. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is the cable Apple-certified? I am not complaining about the product; it seems to be very well made. If it can't be used with the latest iOS version, however, it would be a good idea to note this on the product page.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Lightning adapter cable incompatibility with iOS7

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

This happens every time Apple releases a new iPhone. They tweak the hardware settings the phone uses to decide which connected devices have official approval, and we reverse-engineer them when we have the time. Apparently we'll need to make time for the iPhone 5.

You're right that it deserves a mention on the product page though. I'll pass that along to the team who manage the store.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

adafruit

Re: Lightning adapter cable incompatibility with iOS7

Post by adafruit »

Gahh! We tested it with the iPhone 5 but then the 5S came out afterwards, and we don't have one yet. OK will update!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”