Product & Other Suggestions

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bfesser

Product & Other Suggestions

Post by bfesser »

As a preface, let me apologize if this isn't the best place to post this--which leads me to my first simple suggestion: a 'commons' sub-forum for all of us Adafruit addicts (Adafruities?) to chat it up when we don't need specific "Project Help."

Second suggestion: Adafruit rocks! You guys are the best. In fact, it would be nice to be able to display a little Adafruit pride (Adapride? Okay, okay... I'll stop.) on projects with Adafruit parts inside. It would be awesome if you sold stickers of the Adafruit logo--for those of us who are too shy to share on the weekly Show and Tell. Maybe even a sticker with "Adafruit Inside" or "Made with Adafruit?"

Third suggestion: The Bluefruit EZ-Key looks great, but I'm dying to see what's inside the RF-shielding can. Any chance you have photos of what's hiding inside there?

Last suggestion: Unpopulated SMT pads for a right-angle JST socket (as used on the Gemma, see photo below) on the underside of the 3.3V Trinket board (under the USB mini B socket). I know it's not really intended for wearables, and that the pins are broken out, but it would be a slick solution for those of us who'd like to power a Trinket by LiPo. Granted, you'd lose a tiny bit of tiny-space for screen printing, but the additional functionality would be fantastic. [edit] I'm hoping to learn Eagle soon, and might try to create a revision of the board, but it'll be difficult.

More to come...

Keep being awesome, Adafruit!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Product & Other Suggestions

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll make a special point of mentioning the Adafruit stickers to the folks upstairs.

WRT the bluetooth module, a Dremel is one of the reverse-engineer's best friends. ;-)

WRT the Gemma, it shouldn't be hard to lift the JST connector off with a soldering iron and a bit of patience.

bfesser

Post by bfesser »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:WRT the Gemma, it shouldn't be hard to lift the JST connector off with a soldering iron and a bit of patience.
I'm sorry if I didn't write very clearly. What I meant is that it would be great if you added pads to the next revision of the Trinket board (on the underside, below the USB) to allow us to add SMT JST sockets for powering by LiPo.

bfesser

Post by bfesser »

You guys really did this?! Thanks Adafruit; you're the best! :D

precisocm

Post by precisocm »

Suggestion: Your gifts should be progressive like taxes :-)

I'm not in USA, and my orders always have high shipping costs (50+USD), so I try to optimize it by making bigger orders, but less frequently. When your bonnus was a free RaspberyPi, it was a good deal, but now it is not so good.

Can you have a gift "tunned" for custommers with my profile?

funinalaska

Post by funinalaska »

First let me say that I LOVE MY TRINKETS
Now I just wish there was more readily available for them

I don't know if this would be something you would truly consider or not, but it is something I would like to see, and I am sure others out there might as well.
I would like to see something similar to the Proto Shield for the trinket.
A lot of people I have seen using the trinket for prototyping mount the included headers so that they stick down to the Trinket can be easily plugged directly into a breadboard.
a small board with a tiny prototyping area and possibly a way to bring a couple pins out on right angle connectors for sensor or servo type connectors one out the end where the USB connector is and one out the opposite end.
All this is in search of an easier way to make nicely packaged projects using the trinket.
Since the Trinket itself would sit on top of it there would not be a need to bring the reset button or LEDs or anything else to the board that would take up room, so the whole thing could be prototyping space.
Since the trinket would sit on top of this "shield" maybe that is the wrong name, maybe it could be something more like a "Trinket Shelf"

This is probably a niche market item, but I figured I would offer it as a suggestion as I am frequently looking for a way to add just a couple components and have an easier way to "plug" in accessories to my Trinkets such as sensors, buttons, LEDs and Neopixels. And staying in the Trinket style, I would like to be able to keep everything in as small a package as possible. And since Adafruit rocks, I figured it was worth a shot!
It would not be much room, but enough to put a couple Resistors, Capacitors or sensors and a way to make connections to the trinket a little cleaner than soldering directly to it or using a breadboard and an easy way to be able to remove a Trinket from a permanent project to bring to your computer for easier sketch updating in projects that are mounted in remote places

Just wanted to send my thoughts. I hope one day to see a "Trinket Shelf" to set my Trinkets on :)

avaraujo

Post by avaraujo »

Hello.
First of all, sorry for my english: is very limited.
Cheers from Spain and thanks sou mutch for you magnific work.
Now, I am working in an (sort of) operating system for 8x8 leds screens. By now, it works only in desktop and in android and is written in Java. The project is free software and is at https://github.com/antoniovazquezaraujo/boxes. You can see there a video also to explain the idea.
After to much work with the project, I think that I need an specific device. Maybe you can be interested and can build it or give me some advices.
The device is a wireles touch sensitive 1x1 pixel screen. Also it must be "dockable", maybe magnetically or with clothespins. When together, this devices can form touchable screens of any size, and can be atacched to a dress forming a wearable device. One alone, can show information and receive touch events, and communicate with your mobile in your pocket to show yo, a red light when you have mail, or a green blink light when you have a telephone call.
Grouped in any size and form, they can be a board for games, a touchable wall switch, a TV control, or any device.
The system is in your mobile or tablet, the device is only a screen and keyboard, to show you colors, and receive touch events.
The communication can be bluetooth, short distance and low battery drain. And it must be rechargeable, obviously.
Is this posible?
Thank you so mutch.
Antonio.

bfesser

Post by bfesser »

Are there any plans for a Pibow-esque case (laminated laser-cut acrylic) for the 5" HDMI Display Backpacks? The 3D-printed one Noe & Pedro designed is wonderful, but sometimes a girl/guy's just gotta have something acrylic, laser cut, and shiny!

See:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1037
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2232
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2260

Also, have you considered bringing Wiha ESD-safe screwdrivers into the shop? I'd recommend the 27390 ESD Slotted & Phillips 7-piece set.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

No plans at this time, but I'll mention the suggestions to the products team.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”