Shipping

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
soswow

Shipping

Post by soswow »

Hello,
Guys, you are the one of two coolest companies making and selling electronics for guys like me and many many others. I love what you do and how you do it! But, I never bought anything from you ever, because ...

because usually when I choose something cool in your catalog it cost twice as less or the same as shipping!! =( Other companies use standard mail service shipping options, which takes longer time, but less and less expensive.

Here are the facts: I live in Estonia, and I just tried to see how much it will cast me to get cool breakboard I found only you have, which casts $2.5 ... and shipping costs ... $31! I mean, seldom I make order MAX to $40-50 if I really know what project I am doing and do one order in a time. And anyway it makes shipping almost 100% of products price. But more often I want to buy 1-3 items to small project or if I have something missing in current one, and in this case shipping makes 200-500% of product price, which is too too much =(

I just wanted to say it to you so maybe you don't know that such guys like me exists and we also want to buy, but we won't because of high shipping price. I think you loos some portion of market here. But maybe you made this decision on purpose =)

Anyway, thx.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Shipping

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Have you tried ordering from one of our European distributors? That may save you some money on the shipping.
http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

soswow

Post by soswow »

No, I didn't.
There is no distributor in my country. You have 59 distributors in Europe, and each has only some subset of stuff you have. Should I go through all of them comparing choose they have, prices and delivery options? Many of them in local languages.

Anyway distribution option feels to way off comparing to service I can get here.

Is there strong reason why you don't make simpler delivery solutions?

I didn't know about distributors. Now I do. Thx anyway.

igor.bljahhin

Post by igor.bljahhin »

Dear Adafruit,
Could you please add a cheaper shipping method from your shop to Europe; probably slow, without insurance and without tracking number?

Regards,
Igor

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

igor.bljahhin wrote:Dear Adafruit,
Could you please add a cheaper shipping method from your shop to Europe; probably slow, without insurance and without tracking number?
Regards,
Igor
depending on the location we have first class international. however, shipping goods without insurance and without tracking is not something we're going to be moving towards.

we have hundreds of distributors, please review them here, they'd love to assist you getting adafruit goods in your area!

http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

thanks,
adafruit support

soswow

Post by soswow »

Interesting why other companies don't hesitate doing this? =\

I don't really care about risk of loosing package (which never happen to me even though I do quite a lot International Orders) You can always notify user with smth like "We don't refund or take any complains in case of problem with unsecured delivery methods" and give users decide whatever they want safety and speed or not. I already described why that hundreds of distributors is poor solution for some cases.

But sure, this is your decision.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”