LCD shield no header connections

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Onabeach

LCD shield no header connections

Post by Onabeach »

I purchased and assembled your LCD shield id 772. After installing it on top of the Arduino (it works) I realized that you could no longer make any connections to the Arduino headers. How are you supposed to connect signals to the Arduino after installing this shield?
Attached is a pic of the same shield from another user. It clearly shows sockets on the shield that you can connect to. My shield (and the one pictured in your product list) do not have these sockets. Is his board a different version?
LCD headers.tiff
LCD headers.tiff (447.11 KiB) Viewed 328 times

Onabeach

Re: LCD shield no header connections

Post by Onabeach »

Here is a pic of the shield that I have. It shows no sockets on top of the board.
Attachments
772_MED.jpg
772_MED.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 326 times

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can build the shield with stacking headers, but them all your wiring is on top of the display and buttons. A better solution is something like the wing shield: http://www.adafruit.com/products/196

Onabeach

Post by Onabeach »

Thanks for the reply. The wing shield is a good solution for an assembled LCD shield without headers. But the combo is a bit pricy, so I would recommend informing people of the option to build their LCD shield with stacking headers.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”