Fastest local NYC shipping option

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vinceallenvince

Fastest local NYC shipping option

Post by vinceallenvince »

When selecting shipping options, I notice the 2-day and 1-day options are UPS Air. Do these options literally involve an airplane? My shipping address is in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood. If I'm shipping to a local Manhattan address, in what way do I speed up the process by selecting an air option? Would I be better off selecting USPS Priority Mail?

Thanks!

adafruit

Re: Fastest local NYC shipping option

Post by adafruit »

vinceallenvince wrote:When selecting shipping options, I notice the 2-day and 1-day options are UPS Air. Do these options literally involve an airplane? My shipping address is in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood. If I'm shipping to a local Manhattan address, in what way do I speed up the process by selecting an air option? Would I be better off selecting USPS Priority Mail?
Thanks!
"air" just means next day, so if you order next day (air) by 11am ET it will go out and arrive the next day.

no other method will arrive the next day for sure, even the postal service (or UPS ground) could have delays.

thanks,
adafruit support

atherinl

Post by atherinl »

I would like a bit more resolution on this. Last time I chose USPS to ship to Brooklyn, it took 4 business days to travel 8 miles. I could have gotten the same thing faster from another store in a different time zone. So, if proximity has no direct correlation with delivery speed, how am I supposed to gauge which option is the most cost effective? Don't get me wrong, I know the answer: add on $30-$40 for "air" if you really need it tomorrow. How about this: can you guys explore something like Amazon Locker if you refuse to do will call?

Keebie81

Post by Keebie81 »

atherinl wrote:I would like a bit more resolution on this. Last time I chose USPS to ship to Brooklyn, it took 4 business days to travel 8 miles. I could have gotten the same thing faster from another store in a different time zone. So, if proximity has no direct correlation with delivery speed, how am I supposed to gauge which option is the most cost effective? Don't get me wrong, I know the answer: add on $30-$40 for "air" if you really need it tomorrow. How about this: can you guys explore something like Amazon Locker if you refuse to do will call?
UPS has a map feature that shows how many days it takes to arrive depending on the ship to or ship from location. http://www.ups.com/maps

But what Adafruit is saying these arent a guarantee of times. If you need it next day absolutely pick the next day option. Ground may make it there in a day but it might also have an unforeseen delay. Also remember to make the order before their shipping cutoff time, next day shipping is useless if they are down packing and shipping orders for the day already.

kipi64

Post by kipi64 »

I'll be on a trip to NYC for the MakerFaire, and... i will be for 3 days, i've bought before at Adafruit and the estimated time is normally different, i want to order on Friday and use the UPS next day (because there's no option for pick-up) how many chances i've got to it arrive on Monay at the BANNED?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”