Defective Product Return Request

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
-mike-

Defective Product Return Request

Post by -mike- »

I purchased one of your “Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad” - PID 922, (Invoice #458763 dated 18 March, 2014). Unfortunately the Touchpad portion of the device doesn’t work. On both my Windows-based PC and on the Raspberry Pi that I purchased from you, the Keyboard works perfectly, however, on both my PC and on my Raspberry Pi the Touchpad only works intermittently, when it works at all. It is simply not usable.

I would like to return this defective product. What do I need to do? Thanks for your assistance. -mike-

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Defective Product Return Request

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sorry about that. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

-mike-

Post by -mike- »

Hello:
I received the REPLACEMENT “Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard with Touchpad” - PID 922, (Invoice #458763 dated 18 March, 2014) that you sent - Thank you!

Unfortunately, it does not work either, similarly as the original device, as follows: On both my Windows 8.1 PC and my Raspberry Pi (Model B running the standard Raspbian Distro) the keyboard works fine, but the TOUCHPAD simply DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

Is it possible that I need to install specialized Drivers or other code on BOTH machines? What do I need to do to further test the device? How can I get it working? Are there any further instructions for using this Keyboard/Touchpad? It is useless to me as it now stands.

If I can't get it to work, I would like to return the Keyboard/Touchpad for a refund - I bought it from ADAFRUIT along with the Raspberry Pi, in good faith assuming it would work and that you had tested it thoroughly for the purpose for which it was being offered.

-mike-

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this product.
Of course, you are welcome to a refund. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange a refund.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

It should 'just work' - we don't open the product boxes before shipping them, they are brand new from the factory. We have done spot-tests and they always work on our computers/Pis! Its unusual you received two with bad touchpads - we'll contact the company that makes these and alert them to improve their QC

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Hey can you see if these work in windows 8? if possible - that would help us a lot in debugging!

-mike-

Post by -mike- »

I am trying to use the mini Keyboard/Touchpad with both my Dell PC running Windows 8.1 (latest updates applied) and with my Raspberry Pi running the standard Raspbian distribution. Everything else runs fine on these 2 platforms.
-mike-

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Thank you - since you have two - if you in the USA can you return them to us? since we haven't caught this issue with spot checks it seems like this might be a good example of a problem we could debug here and/or pester the factory :D
email support@adafruit for a return label if you can help with this :)

-mike-

Post by -mike- »

I'll be happy to return the two Rii units that I cannot get to work - both are in "as new" condition.

I'll contact Support for a Return Shipping Label.

Thanks,

-mike-

-mike-

Post by -mike- »

PS: If you can figure out what is causing my problem, I would be very interested in the answer and might be interested in placing a new order. Let me know what you find out - even if it is my error!

-mike-

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

We hope to figure it out with your keyboards. it's a mystery - the manufacturer is adamant that they test each keyboardthingy thoroughly! :/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”