Printrbot simple no auto leveling: probe included?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cxc21

Printrbot simple no auto leveling: probe included?

Post by cxc21 »

From the images and description it looks like you guys sell the printrbot simple without the auto leveling probe for the same price one can buy the same assembled from Printrbot with the probe installed. Seems hardly economical. Needless to say you want the probe.

matt_adafruit

Re: Printrbot simple no auto leveling: probe included?

Post by matt_adafruit »

Hello! Both the Simple DIY kit and the Simple Metal are now arriving to us with the Auto-probe. We are updating the product descriptions to reflect the latest stock that we are carrying, and will likely take new pictures as well.

insane2k

Post by insane2k »

Hi,

since the posts below in july, the simple metal still has out of date description and pictures regarding the Z probe.
this erroneous listing is preventing me from purchasing the product as i have no rebuttal if i am shipped an item without it.

printrbot.com list a model number of "1403" against their product with a Z probe, this is also omitted from Adafruits listing.
as i am international - it makes all this little stuff that much more important as errors become expensive to correct.

perhaps printrbot.com would let you reuse their images and data so that adafruit.com can update?

thanks for your help and look forward to my next purchase!

insane2k

Post by insane2k »

woot! product listing has been updated - thank you so much!
just noting that in the tech specs it says "Print Bed: Semi-Auto Leveling via Software" which i think is now partly incorrect. printrbot.com lists "Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height"

but hey, pictures and description are correct.
buying one as soon as they are back in stock!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”