question about hatt challenge, i tried for hours yesterday a

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gdgarced

question about hatt challenge, i tried for hours yesterday a

Post by gdgarced »

I thought that the deadline was the 4th? I tried to enroll for the contest last week after watching wearable Wednesday, there was a link, but every time i clicked on it i would get some china site. i tried a few times and could not get to ellement14. My daughter then became very sick and had to have surgery asap and i put the contest off since i kept hearing that the cut off was the 4th, now i go to the site and it said that contest is closed , but i had been on the site for over an hour before the deadline and i don't get any explanation as to why, today i got a reply that the entries are with adafruit so I'm back here again trying to get help. Thank You
Last edited by gdgarced on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bekathwia

Re: question about hatt challenge, i tried for hours yesterd

Post by bekathwia »

No problem! There was an e14 technical glitch last week when you tried to apply, please send your entry to [email protected] and we'll be sure to include it in the selection process.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

Thank You! I did it. wish me luck:}

bekathwia

Post by bekathwia »

Hey, I didn't receive any entry emails at the wearables address yesterday, are you sure you typed the address right? I want to include you in the prelims but need your entry first... will you post it here as well so we can be sure to include it in the judging?

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

I did, i used the address you sent me, I copied and pasted the address. I'll send it again now, and add it to this reply.Thanks so much!
Last edited by gdgarced on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

Why do you want to take part in this challenge? Well, I myself love hats and i design hats for pets & parents and so this would be so cool to do, a matching hat for me and pierre my dog, who was the inspiration for my business Doggone Couture, after a tragedy. Also, i love electronics, im a perfect example that it's not to late to learn, not even at the age of 50. I got hooked on wearables in 2010 and i have been hooked ever since. I love using Adafruit products and i have learned so so much from their site and this is another reason that i would love a chance at this hat challenge.

Tell me your idea in 500 words or less (and if you have a drawing or pic about your idea, just attach it to the email) Make sure you include which parts of the kit you will be using:

My idea is to make two umbrella hats, one for me one for pierre. I also will make a matching poncho for both me and pierre with the help of my seamstress. I would like to have a compass attached to the hats or the poncho so that whenever i or pierre turn a certain way, the lights will come on. I will make clear umbrella hats like yr umbrella and the matching ponchos, if i am able to i will also add El wire to the edges of my ponchos, I also would love to add the mic so that when i speak to pierre his lights would blink, if that's doable. Oh, if i can not find the parts for an umbrella, i will modify two umbrellas to make my hats. Parts that i want to use: neo pixel strips, Gemma, lypo batteries, neo pixel RGBs, maybe tackle switch, the lipo charger and the fast vibration sensor switch. I don't have any drawings as I'm not good at drawing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”