B+ Case update request

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
borgborg

B+ Case update request

Post by borgborg »

I would like a new plate made for the end of the B+ pi case with two square holes to glue in two RJ11 phone jack connectors. Something like an Amazon.com -
Monoprice RJ-11 Toolless Keystone Jack, White (107288)
by Monoprice Price: $2.67

Or something better you can find. Four wires out with a female headed end to plug into any GPIO port. 2 or 3 should fit on the end plate.

Let me know!
Thanks LRK

adafruit_support_rick

Re: B+ Case update request

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Let me make sure I understand - you want 2 or 3 RJ11 jacks connected to various GPIO pins? Then you'll use phone cables to connect to peripheral hardware?

Something analogous to the Arduino Patch Shield, maybe?
https://www.adafruit.com/products/256

borgborg

Post by borgborg »

I never saw that part before! I would like something like that part but easier for you to make. Two square holes in an existing B+ end board design. Glue in 2 phone jacks (it looks like only two will fit) modules. These modules have built in wire splice connections. You just put in the four jumper wires with female headers on the other end. You can connect them to any GPIO port you want.

The breadboard attachment of the linked item is a nice addition to my request!

borgborg

Post by borgborg »

What started this was a comparison between RPI and the future Arduino tre. If you could make the RJ11 connector board ( the addition to my request) an FTDI attachment to the New Pro Trinket it would simulate the Future Arduino. Analog input output pins for RPI B+ for $9. Just send a new program to the Trinket over a phone line - instant WOW!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”