UPS Rates Differ By Destination

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fergatron

UPS Rates Differ By Destination

Post by fergatron »

Is normal for UPS rates to differ by destination? I accidentally entered my old employer's address on a previous order and then I changed it to my residence before I placed my order (so I will get my order, today if the tracking info is correct, I only kinda trust UPS because I live in a "rural area" and that can be iffey).

But the question I wondered is why is the shipping cost so different? I tested it again by putting a MiniPOV4 in my cart and then capturing the cost difference. For the MiniPOV4 by itself; UPS Ground shipping to my previous employer would be $6.68 versus UPS Ground to my residence at $13.34.

I guess i can kind of understand this on the account that a UPS makes regular stops a businesses, but not residences; but I admit I am really annoyed that there is about a two-fold difference based just on the destination address.
MiniPOV4ShippingRates.png
MiniPOV4ShippingRates.png (60.9 KiB) Viewed 244 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: UPS Rates Differ By Destination

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It is true. Charges for residential deliveries are higher than for business deliveries. In addition to the fact that business deliveries are more regular, they tend to have full-time staffed receiving departments to accept and sign for deliveries, so there is a lower incidence of disappearing packages and multiple delivery attempts.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”