UPS shipping to Canada - Never again!

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
metelectricdude

UPS shipping to Canada - Never again!

Post by metelectricdude »

Just received my order today for $500 of parts (4.2 lbs). Shipping estimate on the checkout page was $30 for Canadian taxes. About right. UPS shows up with an additional $70 "brokerage fee" which is COD - no pay, no merchandise. That's not right. But UPS is the only option available from Adafruit for this amount. Never again.

I really like your website, support, and products. But with this shipping policy you are much too expensive. If you change your policy I'll come back.

Franklin97355

Re: UPS shipping to Canada - Never again!

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tried Solarbotics in Canada?

avitalp

Post by avitalp »

I have to agree with metelectricdude, UPS brokerage fees are extremely high; a COD at the door with such a bill ruins an entire shopping experience. I came across this forum after searching for an alternative shipping method for my own order today. Failing to find one I reduced my order to around $200 to balance the overall cost (even USPS is $50, ouch!) and to avoid your $300 cap.

Solarbotics is nice but it doesn't carry your full catalog nor is their web site as pleasurable to use.

Please consider a Canadian partner or branch that depends on Canada Post, Purolator, etc.

Thank you.

brucelightyear

Post by brucelightyear »

Definitely, always use USPS/Canadian post or Purolator.
Never ever use UPS.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”