USB + Serial Backpack

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DoubleTap

USB + Serial Backpack

Post by DoubleTap »

I've checked and double checked your shop and am unable to find just the USB + Serial Backpack for purchase? I've plenty of displays but really need to get my hands on one or two of the backpacks for a project that is in the works.

Sincerely,

Mike Paxton

ps. First time posting here, love your capcha!!!!

adafruit2

Re: USB + Serial Backpack

Post by adafruit2 »

Thanks for the request, we will consider it, but have no plans at the moment
meanwhile, please check out the SPI/I2C backpack instead, which we do sell alone

DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

I did as you suggested and purchased a SPI/I2C backpack from Adafruit, however i'm unable to make it power the backlighting on a monochrome 20x4 LCD. I've searched your sight fairly thoroughly and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of examples for making the backpack work with i2c, monochrome and the Raspberry Pi. Most, if not all examples for the backpack are written for Arduino. I know this is not a tech support forum but I'm hopping you can point me in the right direction for for the RPi and this backpack?

Sincerely,

Mike

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ooh yah, sorry didn't realize you were on a Pi! Hmm, yah at this time we don't have example code for that. we *do* have a general purpose LCD wiring tutorial and library tho! You could desolder the backpack and use that:

https://learn.adafruit.com/character-lc ... ack/wiring

if you cant use the I2C/SPI backpack, email support@adafruit with a link to this thread for a refund (since i recommended it! :)

DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

No worries, I can always find another use for the backpack. I'm just pulling my hair out trying to find a means of hooking up my 20x4 LCD without using a bunch of GPIO's on the Raspberry. Maybe this would be a good future topic for a tutorial?!?
In the meantime I'll keep looking around.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we will absolutely keep it in mind!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”