Problem with SHIPPING & BILLING ADDRESSES

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nestor

Problem with SHIPPING & BILLING ADDRESSES

Post by nestor »

I have a problem with the checkout, I am using my amazon account for pay the products, but only display a message" Due to increased credit card fraud attempts on our site, we have permanently disabled certain shipping and billing addresses. If you believe your address has been flagged incorrectly".
How i can buy the products using my amazon account?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Problem with SHIPPING & BILLING ADDRESSES

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

This has nothing to do with Amazon. Please contact [email protected] if you think that your billing address has been flagged incorrectly.

nestor

Post by nestor »

ok, thanks.
I have another question, can you send directly the products that I buy to some country in latin america ?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

nestor wrote:I have another question, can you send directly the products that I buy to some country in latin america ?
Please contact [email protected] with your question.

mikeniemi

Post by mikeniemi »

I have also just started having this problem, with an email following my latest order saying:
Thanks for the order. Due to increased credit card fraud attempts, we have disabled certain shipping and billing addresses. Please use a direct address to you or your business instead.
An email to [email protected] trying to find a way to get my shipping address "unflagged" has come to the reply:
We do not ship to mail forwarding services/freight forwarders.

Since retiring, I now live overseas and make an occasional visit to the states to pick up my mail and packages from my Florida mail handling service. I live on a small island in the Bahamas (hey, somebody's got to do it) and shipping to me here would be quite expensive.

I have placed many orders to that address in Florida over the years. Is there no way I can somehow get approved to continue to receive orders there? Surely, Adafruit can come up with some creative workaround for this.

Thanks,
Mike
FWIW, http://svbreakaway.info/tp-raspi.php I think showing my support for Adafruit.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we appreciate the support and kind words - we generally do not ship to freight forwarders, we'll reply directly to the email you sent to support about this as well.

mikeniemi

Post by mikeniemi »

adafruit wrote:we appreciate the support and kind words - we generally do not ship to freight forwarders, we'll reply directly to the email you sent to support about this as well.

Thanks for your quick reply. I look forward to your email.

I'm just guessing but it seems like simply having a list of "unflagged" name+address's consulted by the order process would do the trick. Maybe that's what you're doing now and I just need to get on the list. My exact address would not vary from the one presently in my Adafruit account (so there would be no need for any special parsing of the address on an order, as if I was entering it slightly differently from order to order).

Another option is a number to call to get pre-approved to place an order. My orders are generally $100-200 I think, but pick a cutoff that is cost-effective for Adafruit. Keeping in mind that I am just a poor hobbyist on a fixed income :-).

Regards, Mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”