Model B DOA

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hdtodd

Model B DOA

Post by hdtodd »

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM, David Todd <[email protected]> wrote:

Good Morning,

I received my model B last week and had some trouble getting it to boot. I was away for the weekend and finally got back to it last night.

The B I received from Adafruit is faulty. It boots into Raspbian OS but quickly develops a hardware glitch (I get a "this shouldn't happen" error message) that prevents it from accessing the SD drive.

I tested the same SD drive in my two other model B's and let them run for a while and had no problems. No other hardware is connected to the B. Tested with the same power supply for all three units. Tested the B I received from you both before and after testing with the other units and it failed in the same way. So I'm pretty sure it's the model B I received from you last week that's faulty and not the SD or power supply I'm using (or attached hardware, since there isn't any).

I noticed when it arrived through UPS that the box was slightly crushed. It didn't seem to have been enough to have damaged the board, but I thought it important to note. Those UPS soft padded envelopes are very convenient but not very protective, and I've noticed that boxes I've received from UPS are much more beat up that boxes from USPS. You might want to consider boxing your shipments if you're going to use UPS.

Anyway, how can I arrange to return this unit and receive a replacement? (I need the unit -- a model B, not a B+ -- rather than a refund).

David Todd

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Order Confirmation No: 650580-6173861860
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 21:30:35 -0500
Reply-To: Adafruit Industries <[email protected]>
To: David Todd <[email protected]>

Order Confirmation from Adafruit Industries

Thanks for shopping with us today!

-----------------------------
Make a 3D Printed Raspberry Pi A+ Case
https://youtu.be/G2pVDQ8z3WA
-----------------------------

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM[ID:998] = $39.95
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $39.95
United Parcel Service (1 pkg x 0.23 lbs total) (UPS GROUND ): $8.65
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $48.60

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Model B DOA

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Model B

hdtodd

Post by hdtodd »

Will do. But they sent me to you. That's why the header of that message was an email from them.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

The support team wants you to come here so tech support can see if your problem is something that can be fixed in software or on site by you. If not we send you to them with a link to this post so they know we feel the problem needs replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”