Search Function Could Use Improvement

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gerp124

Search Function Could Use Improvement

Post by gerp124 »

I'm trying to find conversations about the Raspberry Pi lessons, and searching for "lesson 4" returns all posts with the word 'lesson'.

Very not useful- there needs to be decent search functionality, like the ability to search for exact phrases. Neither single nor double quotes worked, there is not an 'advanced search' function, or any sort of search guide explaining how this might be done.

I'm getting frustrated because the lessons leave out important information, even though I started from the first one, and I'm not finding resources for working past problems.

Adafruit does a beautiful and effective job of marketing, but the components are expensive, and I bought a great many of them solely in the spirit that I wanted to support an enterprise like this, but I'm stuck at this point.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Search Function Could Use Improvement

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'll pass the feedback along to our web development team.

There's a permanent link to the "Learn Raspberry Pi" series of tutorials at the top of the Learning System's RasPi section:

https://learn.adafruit.com/category/learn-raspberry-pi

Lesson 4 is here:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-ra ... gpio-setup

gerp124

Post by gerp124 »

Thanks, I have those links, but there's no support mechanism built in. I think it would be most helpful if there were a little forum under each section or page of each project or lesson, that way users would have the most pertinent and immediate context for discussion, and it would probably be easiest for moderators to help, and to identify where the content is lacking and could benefit from improvement.

gerp124

Post by gerp124 »

Another thought, making 'mini-forums' right on the page where they apply will help to encourage collaboration and community, and peer-to-peer assistance. For instance, I could answer questions while I'm browsing for answers to _my_ question, but that assumes that I'm in a relevant context.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”