Have some displays you may be interested in

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kjav

Have some displays you may be interested in

Post by kjav »

Hello Adafruit. I wanted to write and let you know I have a bunch of displays left over from a previous project that I thought you may be interested in.

You presently stock the 1.3" 96x96 SHARP Memory display:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1393

I have the identical displays except they are the larger size QVGA 2.7" (400x240) version. The P/N is LS027B7DH01. Mouser Link: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Sha ... UBGA%3d%3d

I have 1200 of them in cases of 400 each. They are left over from a product our company designed a while back. We purchased a large quantity so the cost was much lower than the Mouser pricing. The cases are new and still un-opened from their UPS shipping boxes. They were purchased direct through SHARP and I have documentation on their origin.

I have a few ideas of how these could be used as a general display solution and how the code for the 1.3" version you already stock could be easily modified. These SHARP displays are particularly easy to interface with compared to others so I think they would be a great fit with fellow makers.

I'm hopeful someone can contact me via email to discuss. I'd emailed the "suggest a new product" a while back and believe I received an automated response, I'm not sure a human actually saw the email. :-)

Thanks!

adafruit

Re: Have some displays you may be interested in

Post by adafruit »

thanks for thinking of us! we're all set, but we do appreciate you considering us!

kjav

Re: Have some displays you may be interested in

Post by kjav »

Thanks for the reply. We had intended to use these displays to make wearable arm pieces. They are ideal due to easy interfacing (few wires), low power, and suitable size for data output worn on the arm. If we find the time to actually prototype one up we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”