Shipping to EU: UPS screwed me big time

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GregLaDebrouille

Shipping to EU: UPS screwed me big time

Post by GregLaDebrouille »

Hi,

I'm posting here to tell my story about how I got screwed big time by UPS extra charges. December last year, I order a relatively a bunch of parts on this website: 14 different sensors, breadboard and circuit parts for a total of less than a kg. Total: USD$293 with shipping. I got the package without a hitch and a was expecting a bill from UPS, at least for the VAT and the entry fees. I wasn't expecting a €143 bill! The reason behind that? Above 5 elements in a package, UPS charges you €8.25 for each additional element. €8.25x9 = €74,25 !

So beware if you order a lot of stuff outside of Europe, you might end up even more than the cost of your package!

Meanwhile, do you think Adafruit could do something to protect its clients? At very least a warning would be nice. Maybe it would be possible to bundle things coming from the same place so it would appear as "electronic kit" on the invoice?

Anyway, I can't really blame anybody but me, it still hurts the wallet though.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Shipping to EU: UPS screwed me big time

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We have 1200 distributors worldwide. Check to see which ones are closest to you and can offer the best prices:

https://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”