Schematics for your products

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
traxxtar

Schematics for your products

Post by traxxtar »

Some, not all, of your competitors will release or open source their schematics for some, but not all of their products. I certainly understand reasons for not doing so. Also, 'kits' such as a few you sell allow the customer to solder/build themselves; saves you expense and gives customer satisfaction in building it themselves. I would, however, like to be able to take one of your products and build it into a larger circuit board to consolidate space in my project.

For example, the RF momentary receiver and paired keyfob. I'd like to rebuild the receiver circuit onto a circuit board I designed so I can have a single board, not two that I have to connect.

What's the chances we could get some open sourced schematics for this and perhaps expand that to your other products? Perhaps you could provide the schematic and then sell as a 'kit' all the components to allow us to build/solder those into a board a customer could design.

Thanks for your consideration!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Schematics for your products

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

All of the products that we design in-house are open source and you can find schematics on github.

However, not all of our suppliers are as open-source as we are. The 315MHz RF modules are not our designs and are not open source. We do not manufacture these in-house and do not have schematics for them.

traxxtar

Re: Schematics for your products

Post by traxxtar »

Aha! I don't know if you sell many of these, but a suggestion would be....design your own! Improve it. It certainly needs a bit of redesign work. Functionality-wise, it works fantastically well.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”