RF Wireless remotes not functionanal prd-1095

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
brianb00

RF Wireless remotes not functionanal prd-1095

Post by brianb00 »

INVOICE NO. 739838
PRD-1095 Wireless Remotes.

I recently ordered 5 remotes as well as receiver PRD 1096. THe remotes, 3 of 5, do not work. The RED led does not flash when the button is pushed. Most likely the batteries have arrived dead. I would like to exchange them for known working units.

Regards,
Brian
Pelagic Autopilot.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: RF Wireless remotes not functionanal prd-1095

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The keyfobs are designed to be easy to open so you can check/replace the batteries, so go ahead and check them.

If that's the case, you'll be able to buy CR2016s faster than we'd be able to process a return and replacement, and we can give you store credit for the cost of the new batteries.

If the batteries are good, there may be something else wrong with the keyfobs, and we'll need to process that as a straight replacement.

brianb00

Post by brianb00 »

Hi,

This is a good solution. All the units in question have dead batteries. I wonder if your storage method is somehow putting pressure on the remotes such that some of them are turned on continuously ?

I have ordered batteries through Amazon.com at a rate of $6.16 per pack of 10, enough for 5 remote fobs. Please let me know how to apply this for store credit.

Regards,

Brian

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will help you.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

gah, ok we'll figure something out. we did test all of them and replaced the batteries on the bad ones. we're also trying to get the supplier to box these or put a pull tab for the battery

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”