When will Gemma be back in stock?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michaelnicolai

When will Gemma be back in stock?

Post by michaelnicolai »

I would like to know when the Gemma's will be back in stock, as they have been out for over a week. For my application, I was tempted to go with the Trinket or Pro Trinket instead, but they don't have the integrated power switch or the LiPo battery connectors. These are nice features which I would like to see added for a V2 (provided you could find the space on the board to add them).

Really like your products (well engineered, easy to use, and well supported).

Thanks Much.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: When will Gemma be back in stock?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you sign up for notifications on the product description page, you will get an email as soon as they are back in stock.

michaelnicolai

Post by michaelnicolai »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:If you sign up for notifications on the product description page, you will get an email as soon as they are back in stock.
I signed up for an in stock email notification for Gemma back on 3/30/2015 (before posting to the forum). While out of stock, I spent a lot of time looking for alternatives (trinkets (base/pro), teensy, Floras, etc) and kept coming back to the Gemma as the best choice for the three projects I'm currently working. I received an back in stock notification on Apr 6th @ 5:30 PM (1 week later). The next morning (today), I went to place an order and they are out of stock again (less then 24 hours later). I should note that I also have a friend who submitted an notification request a week before me for the same item. So my question (again) is what is the ETA for having this product back in stock? I can handle a few days delay in ordering these parts, but not another 2 week delay. It would really be great an ETA were posted as to when they would be back in stock (less then a week, 1-2 weeks, etc.). I know there are problems with that as well, but I think that most would appreciate a little more information then "will call you".

I should also say that I am familiar with the email notifications and they are fantastic (very handy), however, it is difficult to plan and execute a project with a pending deadline if you don't know if the parts you need will be unavailable for a few days or more like a few weeks.

Thanks for your time and keep making those great products.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Popular products do often sell out within hours. And there is a surge of interest in the Gemma, now that it is an official Arduino product: https://blog.adafruit.com/2015/03/28/ar ... rduinod15/

Availability is gated as much by component availability as it is by production capacity. When we have reliable delivery estimates from our suppliers we can post ETAs. But unfortunately, delivery estimates are often optimistic and posting unrealistic ETAs is not in the best interests of our customers either.

zallax

Post by zallax »

I've signed up 3 times for a Gemma v2 notification. However, I was late to seeing the e-mail and it was sold out again. Today, I signed up again. At 3:38pm CST I got the e-mail it was in stock. At 3:39pm, I checked the web site and it was Out-of-Stock. Either there are bots watching the page, the notification system is messed up, or I am really unlucky. I need at least 4 of these for a BANNED project by the end of the month. Some ETA would be nice so that I would know if I need to look elsewhere.

zallax

Post by zallax »

Funny! After I got done submitting my last post. The Gemma V2 came available. BOUGHT!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Funny! After I got done submitting my last post. The Gemma V2 came available.
Sometimes all it takes is refreshing your page. Good luck with your project.

Keebie81

Post by Keebie81 »

You can always try the adafruit distributors. I use chicago electronic distributors all the time, They seem to always have the hard to find items in stock.
http://chicagodist.com/products/adafrui ... c-platform

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”