Return Order - Hardware Problem

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MahJohn

Return Order - Hardware Problem

Post by MahJohn »

Order #757570

I received my order, however, the Raspberry Pi is defective. The SD card included in the order was rendered useless with I/O errors, immediately after insertion and use in the Pi. The same happened with another new previously unopened SD card. I ended up using one of our other Pi's.

I would like to return the Pi, and the 8GB SD card. Return for credit would be acceptable, as we will need to shop on Adafruit for a replacement Pi B+, or possibly a Pi2

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Return Order - Hardware Problem

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Just to confirm, were you using an SD card with an OS image already written to it, or had you written a disk image to the card before putting it in the RasPi?

MahJohn

Post by MahJohn »

we tried to use the one that came with the order, it didn't work. Then tried to use a new 32GB sd card where we put the image on the card, didn't work. The Pi does not boot, gets power, but nothing displayed on screen. Once the SD cards have been tried in the Pi, they are unreadable in Windows, MAC, Linux, when trying to mount in Linux, the syslog shows I/O errors on both cards we tried.

adafruit_support_mike

It does sound like there's some kind of signal problem with the RasPi's SD interface.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement RasPi.

Can you recover the SD cards by doing a low-level format with the SD Association's official tool (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) and writing a new filesystem?

MahJohn

Post by MahJohn »

Unfortunately no, SD cannot be formatted.

adafruit_support_mike

Send another note to [email protected] and the folks there will get you replacements for the cards as well.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”