UPS Shipping to Norway

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lioncour

UPS Shipping to Norway

Post by Lioncour »

Hi there.
Me and my friends have always bought things and stuff from Adafruit.
This time we had a (for us) large order (384 Usd) and 42 Usd in shipping.

The package arrived at the local UPS place superfast (as always), but this time they wanted us to pay before they wanted to deliver it. I assumed this was BANNED import fees, as it was, (around 40 Usd) byt they had also but on a extra handling fee for almost 200 Usd. I called and asked why, and the nice lady answering told me that they take 7 USD as a handling fee for each part "yes single part" that you order.
So if you order 100 bags og leds from Adafruit and ships this with UPS you will get an extra handling fee of 700 USD.

So the warning goes, dont use USP with adafruit, or if you do, be prepared to pay a large fee based on the numbers of your items.

Btw, i tried to find a email i could contact adafruit with this problem, but only found this forum.
I got all the details and shipping invoice if anyone wants to see.
Mvh Anders

adafruit

Re: UPS Shipping to Norway

Post by adafruit »

You may need to talk with UPS, sounds like their customs person is not doing something correctly, we ship to Norway all the time and this isn't something we've heard about. You can also email [email protected], however, we'll likely suggest you contact/work with UPS directly as each country has their specific offices.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”