Product Replacement

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TryAFrog

Product Replacement

Post by TryAFrog »

I ordered a Raspberry Pi from your website last week, order #834604. I was able to get the Pi into the case as described, though with a little more effort than I felt was good, but assumed your instructions knew best. As soon as I powered the Pi on I smelled the "burning components" smell coming from it. Since it has always ran incredibly slow compared to my other Pi (which is in a Pi branded case). I would like to replace the Pi and the case with one of the Pi branded cases (I am willing to pay the difference). I would appreciate someone contacting me regarding this, and find it somewhat frustrating that the contact form doesn't seem to function right, as I cannot fill in any of the fields. I have included a screen shot of what that looks like. I also find it somewhat frustrating that there is no contact phone to call. How this gets handled will affect my future decisions whether or not I purchase from your site.
Thanks,
Eric.
Attachments
adafruit.png
adafruit.png (346.9 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Franklin97355

Re: Product Replacement

Post by Franklin97355 »

As soon as I powered the Pi on I smelled the "burning components" smell coming from it.
Do you see any parts that may have been damaged? By slow what do you mean? Do you have any metrics to support this or are you just making an observation? Which case did you get? We want you to be happy with your purchase and will do what we can to make this happen.

TryAFrog

Post by TryAFrog »

There is no visible sign that any component has been damaged, however I work in the two way radio and electronics field and know that smell comes from a board or component getting too hot. I ordered the Adafruit smoke base w/ clear top. By slow I have only observations. I use my original Pi daily in my work vehicle. Personally, I feel a public forum is not an appropriate place to handle this type of concern, however there is no other option. Please do not take this the wrong way but if there is no interest in replacing the products, please don't waste my time or yours on this forum.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

sounds like we're not going to be able to satisfy your needs no matter what we do, we've refunded the entire order including shipping. please choose another supplier for future purchases.

thanks,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”