Locked thread? For what?

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spire3660

Locked thread? For what?

Post by spire3660 »

Can you please explain why you locked this thread?

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 63#p400163

I wanted to have a discussion about an issue and was told it wasnt an issue and then censored with a thread lock. No discussion, no back and forth, just 'go away'. Im STILL waiting on a response about my Huzzah being broken, so while i was waiting i thought i would bring up an issue i had. The issue being, dont post a tutorial if it cant be completed at that time. I bought those parts SPECIFICALLY to follow the tutorial and was a little disappointed when i got to the adafruit.io part. I was all excited to get to work, got my workstation together and bam, brick wall. Then, after i cant follow the explicit instructions i branch out and the device ends up in an unrecoverable state. Im sure you can understand how that can bother a person.

I understand we are all human and not everything will be perfect, but why lock the thread when i bring up a shortcoming? Why post the tutorial when its not ready for consumption yet?

As I said before, i buy from you because you offer help. I dont understand why the admins are so heavy handed and quick to lock/censor.

Franklin97355

Re: Locked thread? For what?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Im STILL waiting on a response about my Huzzah being broken,
Could you post a link to that thread?

spire3660

Post by spire3660 »

franklin97355 wrote:
Im STILL waiting on a response about my Huzzah being broken,
Could you post a link to that thread?
Is this a game? Can SOMEONE please look at my account and figure out what the hell is going on? Its not my job to link things and figure it out for you. I have been trying to get a replacement for my Huzzah for well over a week now. How hard is it to send out a new part? PLEASE SEND ME A NEW HUZZAH, MINE IS BROKEN. If you need any more information LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT. This has been the worst customer service i have seen in a long time. I just wanted to try the damn thing out. Either send me a new one or tell me you wont so i can move on. Im not going to link anything or do your work for you. My account history is not that complex

Having forums as customer service is an INCREDIBLY cheap move. Hire a damn CS team.

Keebie81

Post by Keebie81 »

A huzzah is not broken if you don't have an adafruit.io account. This tutorial doesnt need adafruit.io https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... 6-breakout

You can read Sparkfuns documentation and publish data to phant using the huzzah, it is more basic and just data only on phant though. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pu ... t-is-phant

You could also most likely use the huzzah to post messages or data to twitter in a tweet. I have not tried it yet but I believe its a possibility. You would need to find a comparable arduino code or create your own.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

MINE IS BROKEN
Have you sent the email as requested in your other thread? If you have not received a reply check your spam/junk folders. I will check with support.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

According to support "we do not see any emails from his email ending with @me.com have him email again" and please include a link to this thread.

spire3660

Post by spire3660 »

franklin97355 wrote:According to support "we do not see any emails from his email ending with @me.com have him email again" and please include a link to this thread.
If you emailed support, why didnt you just handle my return claim and link anything they need? Its not my job to jump through hoops. I have posted MORE than enough info about this issue. Why do I have to be the one to forward this? Just do your job and handle my return. How hard is that?

For the record i did receive an email from support and i replied DIRECTLY to it and got no response. Im not going ot waste my time again. Stop being so lazy and process my return. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

"Our engineers will answer questions, troubleshoot, handle replacements/returns and assist you 24/7 in the Adafruit customer support forums."
Last edited by spire3660 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spire3660

Post by spire3660 »

Keebie81 wrote:A huzzah is not broken if you don't have an adafruit.io account. This tutorial doesnt need adafruit.io https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... 6-breakout

You can read Sparkfuns documentation and publish data to phant using the huzzah, it is more basic and just data only on phant though. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pu ... t-is-phant

You could also most likely use the huzzah to post messages or data to twitter in a tweet. I have not tried it yet but I believe its a possibility. You would need to find a comparable arduino code or create your own.

My complaint about adafruit.io is that the TUTORIAL is broken and perhaps they shouldnt post tutorials until they can be completed.

spire3660

Post by spire3660 »

What pisses me off the most is that i want to buy more stuff, but im not going to pay for anything else until this is resolved. I had no idea it would be this hard to get a single $10 part sent out. WE have spent more time and labor on this than the part is worth,

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you would like a refund please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they will arrange that for you. Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”