Unhappy with sensor order

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
8afruit

Unhappy with sensor order

Post by 8afruit »

Hello forum,
Rebecca in Support said I should post this to this list. I recently purchased eight PIR motion sensors [ID:189]. I'm a repeat customer and these do not measure up to the quality I'm accustomed to in an Adafruit product. It looks like a drunken toddler soldered them and the components (capacitors) are bent unusually. They're for an installation I'm working on with several people and I worry about both their initial quality and their longevity. I would like to exchange them for some other PIR sensors, or a different make of the same that are better-built.

Best,
~L.

adafruit2

Re: Unhappy with sensor order

Post by adafruit2 »

8afruit wrote:Hello forum,
Rebecca in Support said I should post this to this list. I recently purchased eight PIR motion sensors [ID:189]. I'm a repeat customer and these do not measure up to the quality I'm accustomed to in an Adafruit product. It looks like a drunken toddler soldered them and the components (capacitors) are bent unusually. They're for an installation I'm working on with several people and I worry about both their initial quality and their longevity. I would like to exchange them for some other PIR sensors, or a different make of the same that are better-built.

Best,
~L.
Hiya we don't assemble/manufacture these, if these wont work for you - you can return them for a refund. We don't carry any other PIR sensors at this time. email support@adafruit to arrange a return.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”