"new posts" icon

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
karajabola

"new posts" icon

Post by karajabola »

It seems two forums are showing the icon for new posts when they in fact do not. Clearing cookies and cache does not fix, so I assume it has something to do with my account. The issue remains whether I'm booting in OSX or windows.

any way to fix?

here's the two forums I'm referring to:
General x0xing
Making x0x

I'm guessing this happens when a new thread is started and removed before I view it (like some of the BANNED spam threads that were started a couple weeks ago)

thanks.

The_Don125

Re: "new posts" icon

Post by The_Don125 »

I think its actually the result of a spammer being cleaned out, and phpBB3 not being able to update accordingly. The forum thinks there is a new post available, but since that new post was a spam post that got removed, you can never actually read it.

Thats just my theory on it though, could be wrong, but what you described happens to me too.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

This occasionally happens to me too, and that could be the reason, but I know that sometimes when I disapprove posts, the page likes to time out every now and then, thus leaving posts in "limbo". They still show up as waiting for approval, but they don't actually exist, it's quite annoying. This may be the problem and would require some fishing into the MySQL databases to get them out. I checked though, and there are five posts like that, none of them are in the x0x forums though. There's one in General, one in General Project, one in TV-B-Gone and two in MiniPOV...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

its related to the spam/moderation system
i think this is a slightly less annoying issue than the huge BANNED pictures
BUT
some may disagree!

karajabola

Post by karajabola »

...and its fixed.

Thanks to the fixer!

amberwolf

Post by amberwolf »

ladyada wrote:i think this is a slightly less annoying issue than the huge BANNED pictures
It is definitely less annoying.

Since I just use the "View New Posts" link on the top right of the main page to see what new posts there are (actually I have it bookmarked to that page), and (in firefox) middle-click the little right-arrow link on the righthand side of each listed thread to open each one I'm interested in in a new tab, I never even look at the images for "new posts", and indeed even have Adblock setup to not load them (and a lot of others), to make the page load a bit faster.

pon_nachu

Post by pon_nachu »

i am new to this forum , i am not seeing any "new post" link

i need to start a new post but i am not getting where and how to start.

In adafruit forum it is irritating to new user upon seeking to start a new post. there is no tabs like that

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you are logged in there will be a "post a topic" button at the top left of the forum posts.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”