Trouble with "make" command

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ponywise

Trouble with "make" command

Post by ponywise »

Could somebody help with this prob?
i have winavr installed, but unlike the instructions i cannot just type in avrdude from the command prompt. i have to go into the folder where it is and then those options come up. when i type "make program-minipov" the command tells me that "make" is not recognised. i have entered this command in the winavr folder and the minipov folder where the hex file is and still nothing. what can i do?
i run win xp sp2
and my mini pov works, when i turn it on it flashes in sequence just like it should.

adafruit

Re: Trouble with "make" command

Post by adafruit »

make sure you really installed winavr
then make sure you close the command window and open a fresh one

ponywise

Post by ponywise »

I re-installed the program to the default directory it makes. when it finished installing, it brought up the winavr user manual in iexplorer. so i guess that means it was installed right?
i also put the libusb0.dll in the sys32 folder, i changed the 2 avrdude files to the modified ones, and openned a new command window but it still wont recognise "make".
i also tried both the versions of avr that are downloadable 20090307 and 20090314.
anything else im missing?

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

windows is not finding the make command. either your installation is incomplete or your path variable hasn't been updated. sorry, i don't have a windows box to check.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ya it sounds like the Environment Variable for the PATH wasnt set
can you do me a favor? install once more and look for an option that sets the Environment Variable
and dont forget to you have to close the 'cmd' DOS window after its been installed and open up a new one
let us know!

ponywise

Post by ponywise »

Thanks for Your help. it now works. In the end i had to restart windows for it to find it. something simple!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”