in over my head

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dinqy

in over my head

Post by dinqy »

serious newbie. was able to solder and assemble the minipov3 kit pefectly and when tested, the leds light up one by one in sequence.

i am using a PC, have the miniPOV3 kit,direct to serial programming.

i have been able to follow directions on downloading winavr. i believe it is installed properly. my problem is all other directions i seem to find always support serial to usb.

pls. see attached file. when i click on "zip of example source code" it takes me to a site that talks about usb/serial stuff. where is direct serial instructions.

would appreciate any help. i thought the problem i would have would start with programming a new message (which might still happen :)
Attachments
minipov3 programming hiccup.jpg
minipov3 programming hiccup.jpg (425.1 KiB) Viewed 2239 times

dinqy

Re: in over my head

Post by dinqy »

ok, so after doing some research, i think i had something going. i downloaded the firmware minipov3.zip and extracted that to c:\minipov3

i then used minipov.exe (by magicsoft). after i hit compile, bunch of things happened and now my minipov3 won't even light up. i can't even explain what happened because it occured so fast. please help. don't want to have wasted money on something that now won't work. supposed to be a science project and we don't have the budget to buy another one.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: in over my head

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

bunch of things happened and now my minipov3 won't even light up
You will need to give us a bit more detail than that. What was displayed in the command window after your compile? Were there any error messages?

You should also post some pictures of the front & back of your board so we can look for any assembly problems.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”