what pattern is preprogrammed into the miniPOV?

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mightyohm

what pattern is preprogrammed into the miniPOV?

Post by mightyohm »

Hello,

I have noticed that miniPOV3's I have built at various times and from different sources have come with different pre-programmed patterns.

I have seen:

Make! (or was it Make:?)
Lighting one LED at a time, slowly.

What are kits programmed with now? Do kits sold in the Maker Shed come with a different pattern than kits sold direct?

Thanks,
Jeff

mitpatterson

Re: what pattern is preprogrammed into the miniPOV?

Post by mitpatterson »

The ones direct from Adafruit just have the leds blink in order, to get anything pre-programmed you have to buy it from a place that sells them as they, such as Maker Shed. But its not hard to program your own, so it shouldn't matter whats on it, ladyada has a great tutorial (as usual) on how to do so, and someone made an app that all you have to do is type in text or select the areas you want lit and it will white the hex file for you.

mightyohm

Post by mightyohm »

Yes, I understand it is easy to reprogram, I am asking because I need clarification for a book I am co-authoring that includes the miniPOV3. :D

I think my experience matches yours. Adafruit - blink in order. Maker Shed - preprogrammed message.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

it depends a little. usually the adafruit ones just blink one after another - sometimes for resellers they request other designs but if they're in a rush they get the test pattern

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”