Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Static PoV
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Static PoV

by josekiamora on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:31 am

Hello
I want to make a static pov that instead of rotating the LEDs and circuit there will be a line of LEDs and image will be visible whenever you move your head.
Do you know any instructables or helpful info about this concept?

Thanks.
josekiamora

Re: Static PoV

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:52 am

If I understand you correctly, something like the MiniPOV should do what you are looking for. Unlike the SpokePOV which is triggered by a magnet on each rotation, the MiniPOV is not triggered, It just repeats the pattern over and over.

adafruit_support_bill

by mtbf0 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 am

you're going to hurt your neck.

one thing i've wanted to do is to mount a pov device next to a road so that it can be read from vehicles passing by. don't know if it would work. probably has serious safety issues.

(by the way the minipov has a sensor input that works fine with a hall sensor.)
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

by josekiamora on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 am

Thank you for your funny answers but I need a serious solution about the frequency and other vital information.
A friend sent me this page but there is nothing that can help me http://letsmakerobots.com/node/22028.
I know that its better to use symmetrical visual...
Thank you in advance.
josekiamora

by mtbf0 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 am

frequency will be dependent on how fast you move your head and your distance from the wall. i think you'll just have to experiment. hang the gizmo on the wall and shake your head. if all you see is a vertical line of lights, lower the frequency. if the image is too spread out, increase the frequency.
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

by josekiamora on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:10 am

and another issue is ; how wide the image shoul be?
josekiamora