No Delay Code?

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mrmadsci

No Delay Code?

Post by Mrmadsci »

FIRST:Minipov3 from a kit
SECOND: Windows 7
THIRD: USB adapter (purchased at adafruit with the kit)
FOURTH: It did not light up when I turned it on.
FIFTH: I would imagine the fact that there was no delay code... I just simple don't no how to proceed.
SIXTH: Image
SEVENTH:

adafruit_support_rick

Re: No Delay Code?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

It looks like you've installed the IC upside down. The end of the chip with the notch should match the notched outline silkscreened on the board

Mrmadsci

Post by Mrmadsci »

Im fixing that now - however that doesnt change that i dont no how to fix my coding issue

adafruit_support_rick

What coding issue? Your MiniPOV didn't light up and avrdude was unable to program it because the chip was in backwards.

Mrmadsci

Post by Mrmadsci »

Re-Tried Still game error - I don't have the DELAY code and don't know how to proceed (the chip lights up now btw). Trying sunning the make program-minipov and I simply get the same error.

adafruit_support_rick

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking for. What is the DELAY code? What error are you getting? Where are you seeing this error?

Mrmadsci

Post by Mrmadsci »

The error above is still there.... *As seen in the image above*

My problem is ... THIS STEP:

"Next, if you're using a USB to serial adapter cable, open up the file C:\WinAVR\bin\avrdude.conf in Wordpad and search for "dasa" so that it will take you to the part shown below. Make sure you see a line with "delay = 2000" in it as shown below. That means that we are telling the programmer to go slow (wait 2 milliseconds between commands) because otherwise it gets confused. If you're not using a usb to serial converter, this line isnt necessary, but it doesnt hurt either. "

This line "delay= 2000" does not exist in my document ~ I assume I'm suppose to add it however the "dasa" line appear many times throughout the document (does that mean i add it everytime the Dasa code is repeated? or just once at a exact point?)

Why does mine not have the delay=2000? - I'm assuming that it SHOULD hence why it says to make sure it is, however it doesn't tell me how to proceed if it isn't there.

Wody

Post by Wody »

You probably didn't download the modified AVRDUDE software from the tutorial at http://www.ladyada.net/make/minipov3/software.html
It is in the big red box
After unpacking the .zip file, you will find the delay=2000 line at lin e374 in avrdude.conf

adafruit_support_rick

Did you download and install the updated avrdude, as specified in the tutorial?
For windows, a zip file with a newer avrdude.exe and updated avrdude.conf. Copy these into C:/WinAVR/bin (or wherever you installed WinAVR/AVRDUDE)

Mrmadsci

Post by Mrmadsci »

just went a head and redid everything and fixed the problem :) thanks for the help

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”