POV LED Cube mod

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
theugleymonkey

POV LED Cube mod

Post by theugleymonkey »

I am creating that mini LED cube that makezine did but i whant to add more led's to it but i dont know how. do i have to buy 20 pov kits and if i do what do i do with the second one. thanks

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you can buy more leds from http://www.abctronics.com/

theugleymonkey

Post by theugleymonkey »

yah but is it posible to make it so that i can use all of the added leds or no like is there a way to add more i know you can but how do you conect it so i can program it o and is this a good site http://www.superbrightleds.com/

theugleymonkey

Post by theugleymonkey »

would the cube still work if i got the spoke pov becayse maby then i could use more LEDS.

fruitty

Re: POV LED Cube mod

Post by fruitty »

theugleymonkey wrote:I am creating that mini LED lights cube that makezine did but i whant to add more led's to it but i dont know how. do i have to buy 20 pov kits and if i do what do i do with the second one. thanks
You can buy even just 1 pv kits from many websites now.

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

charlieplex.

the attiny2313 has 18 i/o pins, but you don't really want to lose reset, so call it 17. you could charlieplex 272 leds on 17 pins, but you won't have enough memory. and sooner or later you'll have to throw in some transistors to sink the current from the leds. i've modified the code in the post to sink 8 leds at a time and it's still ok.

sunpialia

Post by sunpialia »

LED lights for cars are also shatter proof and free from Mercury, making them much safer for home and the environment.

jaqes

Post by jaqes »

LEDs offer a potential energy savings and provide an eco friendly environment. LED lights are only the first and last choice in human lives.

Thanks,
Corvi LED

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”