EEprom used with the spokePOV

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GM

EEprom used with the spokePOV

Post by GM »

Hi guys, I am not familiar with using external Eeproms and I have just been reading up on the different serial buses. My question is this.. in the spokePOV the 25LC080 is used. Is there an equivalent to this Eeprom?? The local electronics store close to me only stock the 24LC64 but this has the wrong serial bus… can you make some suggestions…thanks a lot.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

buy the part online as suggested...its the easiest way

GM

Eeproms revisited....

Post by GM »

Limor thanks so much for the suggestion... how long before your kits will be available.. I want to build a working model first, but I have plans to make a full colour version I have a lot of R.G.B led's hanging around) which changes colour Periodically... it will still be a mono-colour version, just feel a slash of colour will liven things up... I had planned to use a small pic12c508a to scan through the duty cycles.. unless you can make a suggestion there too?...I think this would be an easier option then to incorporate the code into the ATtiny2313 to do the job...?? don't you think?? Lior thanks for making this available as open source.. I hope I can get my working version on my website soon.. seeya

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

oh, about 3 more days :) the PCBs are expected tomorrow! im right busy this week but ill do a final test of the design/code, activate the paypal thingy and make up kits this weekend.

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to make a PCB at home, with traditional kits (2face boards+acid)?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”