Connecting to USB

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PeterJWei1993

Connecting to USB

Post by PeterJWei1993 »

Hello! I bought the MiniPOV 4 and I soldered everything together. I turned it on and I got the lights display :).

Now an issue occurred. I downloaded processing 2.1.1 and the necessary files and library, and when I try to connect to the MiniPOV 4 it gives me the error that I saw in the tutorial avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f). I checked many times to make sure that the battery was on before testing it.

I tried it on both a linux and a mac machine to see if that was the problem. When I plugged the MiniPOV 4 into the connector I am using (an arduino jack for USB), the MiniPOV 4 changed to only lighting up white (or lighting different colors much more frequently than before). I am wondering if this is an issue with my connector or if it is an issue with the USB B-type jack (which I had to unsolder and pull out and put back in while I was soldering).

Thanks for the help

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Connecting to USB

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Post some clear, detailed picture of the MiniPOV4.

Try some different USB cables, and different USB ports on your computer. Also try connecting through a self-powered USB hub.

What kind of computer, and what operating system?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”