another way to mount a minipov

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mtbf0

another way to mount a minipov

Post by mtbf0 »

sorry. new camera. couldn't help myself.

sparr

Re: another way to mount a minipov

Post by sparr »

So, the LEDs are spread around the glasses, that much I can see. What are the caps in the LED slots for? And the headphone jack?

Eliot89

Post by Eliot89 »

sparr wrote:So, the LEDs are spread around the glasses, that much I can see. What are the caps in the LED slots for? And the headphone jack?
There are just 2 LEDs in the center of the glasses. The caps are capacitors. This is the brainwave machine that Makezine did a while back. Kinda neat, I wanted to build one of these as well but I don't have the money for another kit. Though I am wondering what the board in the battery holder is doing. Power regulating perhaps?

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Eliot89 wrote:
sparr wrote:So, the LEDs are spread around the glasses, that much I can see. What are the caps in the LED slots for? And the headphone jack?
There are just 2 LEDs in the center of the glasses. The caps are capacitors. This is the brainwave machine that Makezine did a while back. Kinda neat, I wanted to build one of these as well but I don't have the money for another kit. Though I am wondering what the board in the battery holder is doing. Power regulating perhaps?
I'm guessing that it's a boost regulator, like the MintyBoost, but with 1.5v nominal input.

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

Eliot89 wrote:There are just 2 LEDs in the center of the glasses. The caps are capacitors. This is the brainwave machine that Makezine did a while back. Kinda neat, I wanted to build one of these as well but I don't have the money for another kit. Though I am wondering what the board in the battery holder is doing. Power regulating perhaps?
it is, in fact, a brain machine. the leds are common cathode rgb leds, so there are technically six leds, three in each of two packages. each has 7 bits of pwm control. also has kludged sinewave output for the audio.

the power board is a vpack3.3-1aa, about $11 from bodhilabs.com. i removed their battery holder and installed it in the 2aa holder and wired it to the switch.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”