Programming probs

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
text

Programming probs

Post by text »

Hi, I have made my own minipov2 with the great instructions found at this site. The only problem is I cannot communicate with the ATTINY2313, is there any other programs I can run on XP in a windows shell, or can someone give me some direction. I do not know anything at all about DOS and dont even know how to enter DOS mode ! Also the 2313 is a BANNED chip and I have read that i should blow the fuse ????????????????
Please remember we all had to start somewhere !!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi you dont have to burn the fuse, but you will have to learn how to use the dos command window to program the minipov but there are lots of tutorials online. i suggest spending a few hours on it, im sure you'll figure it out

text

Post by text »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been up all night learnig about DOS and I have come quite far but i still have a connection problem. Please can you advise me.

avrdude -p attiny2313 -p lpt1 -c dt006 -u flash:w:minipov.hex
avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.
avrdude done. Thank you.

I have gone over the hardware several times and everything seems to be in order, is there anything you may be able to suggest !
Thanks..........
[/img][/list]

text

Post by text »

Three computers later and still no joy! The last thing i can think of is there must be something missing from the circuit diagram ??????

LED_Lighting_Company

Post by LED_Lighting_Company »

Is the cct the same as from here?
If not, can you supply cct so it can be checked?

text

Post by text »

The circuit diagram definately has something missing ! This design will work on some computers but not all !!! Possibly to much noise on lines

LED_Lighting_Company

Post by LED_Lighting_Company »

Do you want to publish cct, maybe someone here might find an error.

text

Post by text »

The scheme I copied was the one that is on the hardware page, which uses PB0 to PB7 for its output. But I have just figured out how to use eagle and downloaded the files in the download section and these are completely different using PD0 to PD6 and PB0. I think the reason I cannot communicate with the chip is because the program file must be configured to talk to the different ports ????? What do you think !!! Since I cannot even program the Television I think that I will have to make another minipov based on the new schematics.

jcharlesmith

I am getting the same error

Post by jcharlesmith »

Hi all, I assembled my MiniPOV from kit and have the same message when trying to program. When I power on the MiniPOV all LEDs fire in order. I just can't communicate with the chip.

Any suggestions?[/code]

text

Post by text »

Change your port settings in the bios. Should work

jcharlesmith

Post by jcharlesmith »

what should I change? The port is enabled and the I/O is bidirectional.

jcharlesmith

Fixed!

Post by jcharlesmith »

I tried a different computer and it worked great. Thanks Ladyada! This is too much fun.

Jason

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”