New 303-style Aluminum Enclosures

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
skip

Re: New 303-style Aluminum Enclosures

Post by skip »

Hey, I was just about to order a full kit and the aluminium enclosure from your shop, but it now says that the aluminium enclosure is no longer available. Is it never going to be available anymore? I can't believe I missed out on this. I had to go abroad for my studies so I put off ordering until I knew when I was coming back and now it's no longer available. I'm absolutely devastated. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is there any possibility that it's coming back or any possibility to buy one somewhere? :o

substyler

Post by substyler »

skip wrote:Is there any possibility that it's coming back or any possibility to buy one somewhere? :o
hi Skip,

I'm sorry about that... but I'm afraid they will never come back.
the prices for some components have rised up too much und no one will give me more than 100 euro for this enclosure (Mentor now requests 27 euro for the set of knobs!). I'm not able to hold the price of 99 euro, so I quit doing this.
someone told me I could manufacture them in China... but hey... that's not the same and I don't want that ;)

I have a bunch of all black aluminum enclosures, but they will be available as complete x0xb0x only.
sorry man..

cheers,
SubStyler

skip

Post by skip »

Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?

substyler

Post by substyler »

skip wrote:Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?
you need only one enclosure?
let me see... I have some parts left, not sure if this will be a complete enclosure.
I'll get back to you in the evening... stay tuned.

skip

Post by skip »

SubStyler wrote:
skip wrote:Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?
let me see... I have some parts left, not sure if this will be a complete enclosure.
Yes, only one and a full x0xb0x kit also. Thank you very much for looking into it. Fingers crossed that you can find the parts. :D

Been looking forward to this project for so long. Would be nice to start finally working on it when I get back home. :D

Bioelectric

Post by Bioelectric »

Hi there. I just joined yesterday. Could someone PLEASE tell me how I could get ahold of the 303 style enclosure?!!
Please!
Thanks

am4d

Post by am4d »

Could someone PLEASE tell me how I could get ahold of the 303 style enclosure?!!
Is this the enclosure you're talking about?
you can get these from x0xsh0p.de when they have them in stock.

Bioelectric

Post by Bioelectric »

Super! Thanks. That was so easy. Thanks so much!
=•]

Moonrow

Post by Moonrow »

Substyler how much cost for a full assemble xoxbox, thank you.

Moonrow

Post by Moonrow »

SubStyler wrote:
Substyler you still sell the enclosure and build kits??

human fly

Post by human fly »

could we get the dimensions needed? a drawing?
i have one of your machines, looks great, but i sort
of wonder about an enclosure - or even some sort
of rack compatible thing.

substyler

Post by substyler »

hi,

I'm no longer involved with making x0xb0x or aluminum enclosures... sorry.
I have sold everything to the new owner of x0xsh0p almost 2 years ago.

cheers,
Sub

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”