New 303-style Aluminum Enclosures
Moderators: Altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, mome rath

Re: New 303-style Aluminum Enclosures

by skip on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 am

Hey, I was just about to order a full kit and the aluminium enclosure from your shop, but it now says that the aluminium enclosure is no longer available. Is it never going to be available anymore? I can't believe I missed out on this. I had to go abroad for my studies so I put off ordering until I knew when I was coming back and now it's no longer available. I'm absolutely devastated. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is there any possibility that it's coming back or any possibility to buy one somewhere? :o
skip

by substyler on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:01 am

skip wrote:Is there any possibility that it's coming back or any possibility to buy one somewhere? :o

hi Skip,

I'm sorry about that... but I'm afraid they will never come back.
the prices for some components have rised up too much und no one will give me more than 100 euro for this enclosure (Mentor now requests 27 euro for the set of knobs!). I'm not able to hold the price of 99 euro, so I quit doing this.
someone told me I could manufacture them in China... but hey... that's not the same and I don't want that ;)

I have a bunch of all black aluminum enclosures, but they will be available as complete x0xb0x only.
sorry man..

cheers,
SubStyler
electronics consists to 80% of superstition and to 20% of fairy tales • DIY or die!

substyler

by skip on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 am

Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?
skip

by substyler on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 am

skip wrote:Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?

you need only one enclosure?
let me see... I have some parts left, not sure if this will be a complete enclosure.
I'll get back to you in the evening... stay tuned.
electronics consists to 80% of superstition and to 20% of fairy tales • DIY or die!

substyler

by skip on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 am

SubStyler wrote:
skip wrote:Damn. :( I'd even pay 200€ for it. Seriously. It's the best looking piece of gear I've ever seen and on top of that it's a x0xb0x! Not sure about a black one though. I think I would prefer the aluminium color. Not able to do one off orders even if I pay more for it?

let me see... I have some parts left, not sure if this will be a complete enclosure.

Yes, only one and a full x0xb0x kit also. Thank you very much for looking into it. Fingers crossed that you can find the parts. :D

Been looking forward to this project for so long. Would be nice to start finally working on it when I get back home. :D
skip

by Bioelectric on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 am

Hi there. I just joined yesterday. Could someone PLEASE tell me how I could get ahold of the 303 style enclosure?!!
Please!
Thanks
Bioelectric

by am4d on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 am

Could someone PLEASE tell me how I could get ahold of the 303 style enclosure?!!

Is this the enclosure you're talking about?
you can get these from x0xsh0p.de when they have them in stock.
am4d

by Bioelectric on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Super! Thanks. That was so easy. Thanks so much!
=•]
Bioelectric

by Moonrow on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Substyler how much cost for a full assemble xoxbox, thank you.
Moonrow

by Moonrow on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

SubStyler wrote:

Substyler you still sell the enclosure and build kits??
Moonrow

by human fly on Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 pm

could we get the dimensions needed? a drawing?
i have one of your machines, looks great, but i sort
of wonder about an enclosure - or even some sort
of rack compatible thing.
human fly

by substyler on Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 am

hi,

I'm no longer involved with making x0xb0x or aluminum enclosures... sorry.
I have sold everything to the new owner of x0xsh0p almost 2 years ago.

cheers,
Sub

substyler